What is the range of SMATS sensors?
The sensors range depend on the signal type, antenna type, and the installation settings. The range for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connected signals is around 300 meters, Bluetooth Discovery 150 meters, and Bluetooth Low Energy 100 meters. These ranges can be lowered by changing the antenna gain (hardware configuration). Alternatively, on iNode™, the far detection can be filtered by changing the RSSI threshold.
How do the sensors communicate (to the cloud)?
Through cellular network, Wi-Fi, or available LAN/fiber-optic networks.
What types of signals do the sensors detect?
- Wi-Fi device (any mode)
- Bluetooth Classic devices in discoverable mode
- Bluetooth Classic devices in connected mode
- Bluetooth Low Energy device in advertising mode
Can you detect a specific vehicle in traffic?
Yes, if the vehicle has been tagged by a Bluetooth beacon and its MAC address has been registered on iNode.
Can you differentiate between traffic lanes?
What power source options are available with the sensors?
There are three power source options available with TrafficXHub™:
- 110-220VAC- 12VDC External Power Supply
- Solar Power
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
And with TrafficBox™:
- Portable batteries
What is the battery life of each sensor?
- TrafficXHub™: AGM: Solar panel system: 3 days on battery autonomy.
- TrafficBox™: Lithium-Ion up to 3 days.
What are the differences between the sensors?
TrafficXHub™ and TrafficXHub™ Cabinet sensors are designed for permanent installation while TrafficBox™ is portable and can be moved between different projects and locations. However, the detection abilities remain the same throughout the line of sensors.
Can the sensor installation process be done by customers?
The sensor installation process is easy and can be done by customers after training.
How long is the warranty period for the sensors?
One-year standard, but extended warranty can be purchased.
How does data get to 3rd party traffic management systems?
iNode™ data can be shared with 3rd party systems through the available REST API.
How are outliers are removed from the travel time data in iNode™?
iNode™ uses an advanced adaptive filtering algorithm to remove the outliers from the data. The algorithm performance has been tested in various conditions. To receive a whitepaper about this, please contact us.
Does the crowdsourced data need installing any physical sensor?
No, it doesn't. Just by having access to the Node™ platform, you can capture and analyze the crowdsource data for almost any roadways.
How is the crowdsourced data pricing?
It is a pay-as-you-go, so you will be charged based on the number of data collection segments and durations.
If travel time data can be captured by iNode™ crowd-sourced data, why do we need sensors?
- Origin-Destination data is not available with crowd-sourced data.
- When the number of data-collection segments and the duration of data collection increases, the crowds-sourced option can become more expensive than the sensors deployment option.
- Crowd-sourced traffic data is not available for some road segments.