SMATS Asset Tracking
SMATS’ Asset Traffic Solution within iNode™ refers to the method of tracking physical assets, by scanning Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons attached to different assets. This technology can also be used for tracking visitors or staff wearing a beacon or using a cell phone’s WiFi signals. TrafficXHub™ detects the devices Bluetooth and WiFi signals and sends information such as the signal source location, signal strength, the beacons’ battery level, and temperature to iNode™ for analysis.
How it Works
Step 1 – Install TrafficXHub™ Sensors at strategic locations
Step 2 – Attach SMATS beacons (various types) to your assets or use cell phones WiFi MAC addresses
Step 4 – Whitelist the beacons or cell phones MAC addresses in iNode™
Step 3 – TrafficXHub™ detects beacons BLE or cellphone WiFi signals
Step 4 – Sensors send the detection information to SMATS data analytics application (iNode™) through cellular, LAN, or Wi-Fi networks
Step 5 – iNode™ processes the raw data from the sensors to generate tracking information and KPIs
- Real-time inventory / equipment location tracking
- Vehicle fleet and heavy machinery tracking
- How assets moved within the monitoring area
- Container tracking
- Tracking workers in construction or manufacturing sites
Bluetooth beacons are a class of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices that broadcast their identifier to nearby SMATS Bluetooth and WiFi detection sensors.
- On-demand activation (save battery life)
- Adjustable Transmit Power (for sensor ranging)
- 5-Year battery life
- Battery life monitoring (alerts are provided when the battery is low)
- Various shapes and mounting options (tracking vehicles, drivers, or assets)
iNode™ + Sensors
One of the key attributes of our platform is the ability to generate analytics data based on algorithms for developing various traffic models. Armed with predictive data, port authority operations personnel can position trucks and resources proactively to prevent queues and keep traffic moving.
Utilizing this data, the port authority team can develop schedule forecasts and capacity models for each of the terminals inside the port, then share it with the terminal operators to improve efficiency and optimization of the loading and unloading process.
By comparing forecast data for truck traffic with real-time data captured from our sensors inside the port, operations managers can also improve future forecasts.
Our main goal is to provide proper actionable analytics data so that the port authorities can improve their efficiency and increase capacity while enabling their Terminal Operators to be just as efficient with their trucking operations.
Based on our iNode open architecture, we can integrate our data with the following:
- Existing appointment and scheduling systems
- Trucker appointment systems
- Terminal operating systems (scheduling, containers OCR, etc.)
- Automatic Identification System (AIS) for vessel tracking
- Variable Message Signs (VMS) to share information with truck drivers on the way to the port.
How it Works
Step 1 – Install TrafficXHub Sensor
Step 2 – Detect Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) signals emitted from BLE Beacons
Step 3 – Sensors communicate to SMATS data analytics application (iNode) through cellular or Wi-Fi networks
Step 4 – iNode processes the sensors raw data to generate traffic information and KPI’s